Not DJ albums in the traditional sense. Rather than a high priced showcase for 'mixing skillz,' these are budget priced showcases for great music that deserves a wider audience. Each disc follows a different theme.
As you might gather from the title, female-fronted trip hop is the theme of this disc. An outstanding collection of smooth trip hop tracks with exquisite female vocals that range from angelic to sultry. Nothing too fast or too loud to kill the mood, and certainly more like traditional songs and less like "techno chill out" music. Includes songs from Japan, Russia, the UK, and the US. Highly recommended, especially for fans of Portishead and Massive Attack. Featured twice on ABC World News Now; Sentimentalist magazine wrote: "Everybody should own this CD."
1. Soma - Wildlife (LinusB remix) sample
2. Per Somnia - Killing Time sample
3. Prosper Falls Plasticine sample
4. Paul Avgerinos Open Heart sample
5. Kei Kusama Cold Fever sample
6. Daughter Darling Broken Bridge sample
7. Sarah Fimm Be Like Water (Innocent Version) sample
8. Silverman Love Me Too sample
9. Edgepilotz Touch Me sample
10. Jancoo Storm sample
11. Girl Next Door Gorgeous (Slipcritical Remix) sample
12. Hungry Lucy Stormsample
13. Lotus Hold Onsample
14. Ego Likeness I Live on What's Left
Release date: April 22, 2003.