The compilation Under the weight of light follows in the tradition of Projektís successful budget-priced CDs. Not just a label sampler, this disc opens the pandoraís box of Projekt founder Sam Rosenthalís current eclectic music obsessions diving into neo-folk, dark-pop & shoegazer territory.
Included within the 12 tracks are unreleased songs from Black Tape for a Blue Girl, Unto Ashes and Marakas Pen (the new band which evolved from Tearwave), as well as an exclusive remix from Soriah (featuring Ashkelon Sain of Trance to the Sun).
Under the weight also includes an exclusive remix from WEEP, the return to music by Doc Hammer, co-writer of the Adult Swim show The Venture Bros. Many will remember Doc as the musical force behind two darkwave legends, Requiem in White and Mors Syphilitica. In WEEPís shoegazer approach, you can sense snippets of influence from My Bloody Valentine, The Sisters of Mercy, Cocteau Twins, and late 80s era The Cure.
Cult European acts Spiritual Front and Rome (from the Trisol label) and Katzenjammer Kabarett make appearances with neo-folk/pop tracks complimenting music from Projektís own Lux Interna and Black Tape for a Blue Girl. Indie/Americana darling Curtis Eller proudly displays why he is billed as New York Cityís angriest yodeling banjo player. Under the weight also introduces Projektís new signee, The Twilight Garden, blending old school European synth-pop, cold wave and post-punk into a modern, atmospheric, accessible darkwave sound.
1. Black Tape For A Blue Girl - Sailor Boy
2. Weep - Ever Shy (Nov. Mix) *
3. Makaras Pen - Currents *
4. Unto Ashes - She Binds Away the Night *
5. Spiritual Front - Jesus Died in Las Vegas
6. Rome - We Who Fell in Love with the Sea
7. The Twilight Garden - Dead Adults
8. Katzenjammer Kabarett - Romance
9. Curtis Eller - Sugar in My Coffin
10. Soriah (with Ashkelon Sain) - Tonacayotica (Remix) *
11. Lux Interna - Blossoms
12. Black Tape For A Blue Girl - Halo Star
* = previously unreleased