3 Cold Men
The musical roots of 3CM can be found in British Coldwave and in French and German Electro Goth of the 80's/90's.
A Cold Decade is the third studio album issued by the French-Brazilian band 3 Cold Men set up by Franck Lopez, vocalist (former member of the French minimal wave cult band Opéra Multi Steel), Alex Twin, keyboards (Wintry, Pecadores, Individual Industry) and Maurizio Bonito, programmings (Individual Industry). This 10-track opus, mixed and produced by Martin Bowes of Attrition is a bit more intimate and minimalistic than the two previous albums (The Three Cold Men et Photogramm)
respectively issued in 2004 and 2008. A Cold Decade is a deep come-back to the roots of the early 80’s electro pop and a kind of special tribute to John Foxx, a long-time source of inspiration for the three members of the band. It will be possible to notice, from track to track, some references to certain songs from Metamatic, among many others...
Vintage sounds of keyboards and rhythm boxes create an electro retro wave style. It’s the very first time that 3 Cold Men songs are mixing French and English texts. The French lyrics have been written by Patrick L. Robin (Lead singer of Opera Multi Steel). They confer to the album a kind of surrealistical/hermetical mood. The English lyrics have been written by Franck Lopez. and Maurizio Bonito.
The visual identity of the band has been totally renewed by the young Brazilian designer Alan Cassiano. He realized an artwork inspired by the visions he got while listening to the 3CM songs. His drawings and paintings, digitally reworked, create a very personal neo XIXth century style, influenced by 3D art and sometimes very close to video game backgrounds.
The limited edition comes with a bonus cd including 13 remixes of different tracks of the album performed by several Brazilian and European artists from the electro scene: Marcelo Gallo, Lagrima Negra, Nahtaivel, Moritz Shoenermann, Florence Foster Fan Club, Torment, Mechanical Moth, Von Richthofen, Novastorm, Peter Elliott, People Theatre, Franz Hémor and a cover of Mad World, a song by Tears for Fears.
Released March, 2012 on Wave Records.
Track Listing CD1:
01. I’M AFRAID
03. SHE, BUTCHER
04. HEAVY SMILE
05. LE VENT D’AVRIL
06. EFFIE, LADY, BERRY!
07. SHABBATt MATER
08. THE FOUR HORSEMEN
10. J´AI LE SENTIMENT
01. LE VENT D’AVRIL (Keep Cooler Remix by Marcelo Gallo)
02. EFFIE, LADY, BERRY! (Expression Remix by Mechanical Moth)
03. ENNEMIS SPHÉRIQUES (Remix by Lagrima Negra)
04. I´M AFRAID (Hexenhaus Remix by M. Shoenermann)
05. L’HALLALI (Remix by Nahtaivel)
06. SHE, BUTCHER (V Mix by Von Richthofen)
07. SHE, BUTCHER (Remix by PE)
08. ENNEMIS SPHÉRIQUES (Hemispheres Mix by People Theatre)
09. L’HALLALI (Remix by Lagrima Negra)
10. LE VENT D’AVRIL (Torment Mix by Nacho)
11. SHE BUTCHER (2 Hours Remix by Novastorm)
12. MAD WORLD (Unreleased Version)
13. L’HALLALI (Pseudo Neo Symphonic Remix by Franz Hémor)
14. J’AI LE SENTIMENT (Remix by FFFC)